Porto Publishing is a quality, independent publisher and has had experience over 7 years experience of rapid production and distribution of its own publication ReSource magazine and books and design work for in house and outside parties.
The method of production of your book is by Print on Demand (POD). This is currently the popular method of printing and supplying your Book to you, High Street and online bookshops, quality is of the highest standard and is not compromised by using this method.
Should you book prove to be ultra successful, we would carefully look into producing your book by the more traditional method of offset printing, however, print numbers are crucial, and time taken to produce can increase.
Standard Package (Ask for a Quote)
- Custom designed book incorporating any particular style, typography and careful layout and setup of your manuscript. (black and grey scale) (Note 2)
- Choice of book page size (Portrait Only) (Note 2)
- Choice of White or Creme paper for Body of the Book. (Note 2)
- Full Colour CMYK Cover designed in consultation with you.
- Incorporation of interior images (up to 10) (Grey scale)
- Incorporation of Fleurons (small images to enhance and separate Sections or fill voids at the end of Chapters) (Note 2)
- Incorporation of Graphics and Highlighting areas of text as required.
- Allocation, creation and inclusion of ISBN Number and Barcode.
- Allocation and inclusion of Book Categories for bookshop indexing.
- Issue of Initial Electronic PDF Proof for “Review & Approval”.
- Issue of Final Electronic PDF Proof for "Sign Off" prior to going to Printer.
(Additional PDF proofs and/or Hard Copy proofs at Extra Cost).
- Management and setup of availability for printing and distribution in various worldwide markets sourced from UK, USA and Australia, plus ability to order through bookshops and many retail outlets.
- Production of hard copy proof (internal purposes)
- Issue of CIP Catalogue and deposit at British Library
- Ongoing Management of the Printer and maintain availability
(Subsequent Yearly Charge).
- 50 Author Paperback copies with further books available print on demand
(Speak to us regarding your initial quantity required)
Before we enter into an agreement we will assess your submission and we may decide not to proceed further with the publication.
Our Standard Package does not include Editing, we will ask you to confirm that your work is fully to your satisfaction and that you have had it edited and carefully reviewed before submission. We will satisfy ourselves by carrying out a cursory basic Grammar, Spelling and Context Check, however, if we feel that this is a major task we will discuss this with you and agree a way forward. This may involve a further edit and we will provide an estimate for this work.
Standard Plus Package (Ask for a Quote)
- All components of our service provided by our Standard Package above.
- A thorough Grammar, Spelling and Context Check.
Platinum Package (Ask for a Quote)
- All components of our service provided by our Standard Plus Package above.
- A full edit of the Book.
Other Optional Extras (Ask for a Quote)
- Where a Book contains Notes, Bibliography and Index or other similar detailed lists, these shall be fully checked by the Author, If requested we can have these checked or created.
- Colour interior images (CMYK). These can be incorporated.
- Proof Reading
Editorial Critical Review of your Manuscript (Ask for a Quote)